Associated Press BusinessUnable to display feed at this time.
- Dow closes slightly lower, snaps 3-week winning streak October 23, 2020The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell slightly to end a downbeat week as investors weighed the potential for additional fiscal stimulus.
- Untitled October 23, 2020T. Rowe Price believes Financial Advisors need to take a new approach to equity exposure. The company did so itself earlier this year, when it gradually increased equity exposure.
- It's a scary time financially. How to avoid panic October 23, 2020Around 2 in 3 adults report that money is "a significant source of stress" in their lives, according to a survey by the American Psychological Association. These steps may help calm you down a bit.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Virgin Galactic, Intel, Snap & more October 23, 2020Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading.
- Goldman is clawing back or cutting millions in pay from CEO Solomon, Blankfein and others over 1MDB October 23, 2020The punishment meted out by the board of the New York-based bank may be viewed as an indirect acknowledgement that Goldman's leaders had some responsibility for the episode.
- Businesses should get ready for more volatility in the Chinese yuan, regulator says October 23, 2020The Chinese currency, also known as the renminbi, strengthened this week to levels against the U.S. dollar not seen in more than two years.
- Chinese fintech giant Lufax seeks up to $2.36 billion in U.S. IPO October 23, 2020Lufax said it will issue 175,000,000 American depositary shares (ADS) which will be priced between $11.50 and $13.50 per share
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Intel, Mattel, Gilead Sciences & more October 22, 2020These are the stocks posting the largest moves after hours on Thursday.
- Goldman Sachs agrees to pay more than $2.9 billion to resolve probes into its 1MDB scandal October 22, 2020The deal resolves an issue that has weighed on CEO David Solomon since he took over from Lloyd Blankfein two years ago.
- Stocks close higher after Pelosi points to progress on coronavirus stimulus talks, banks lead gain October 22, 2020Stocks rose on Thursday as traders weighed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's latest remarks on the U.S. fiscal stimulus negotiations.
- Unemployment claims are down. It’s not all for good reasons October 22, 2020About 1 million fewer workers were collecting state unemployment benefits the week of Oct. 10 relative to the week prior, the Labor Department said Thursday. Much of that reduction likely isn't attributable to people returning to work.
- Tudor Jones sees a stock pop to start 2021 on stimulus, then pressure later from Biden tax plan October 22, 2020Expected relief to Main Street, combined with another round of stimulus checks, could lead the "Robinhood Nation" of retail investors to fuel a market rally, Paul Tudor Jones said.
- Paul Tudor Jones says he likes bitcoin even more now, rally still in the 'first inning' October 22, 2020The longtime trader believes inflation will make a comeback and bitcoin is the best hedge against it.
- Traders worry vaccine complacency is the new risk to the market October 22, 2020UBS' Art Cashin believes the market may be far too complacent in believing that a highly effective vaccine is imminent.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Coca-Cola, Tesla, Align Technology, Whirlpool & more October 22, 2020The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Coca-Cola, Tesla, Align Technology, Whirlpool, and more.
- Ant Group gets final approvals for its massive dual IPO and reveals share structure October 22, 2020Ant Group will split its stock issuance equally across Shanghai and Hong Kong, issuing 1.67 billion shares in each location.
- PayPal gets into crypto with new features for trading and shopping October 21, 2020PayPal is the latest large financial services provider to show an interest in the cryptocurrency space.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Tesla, Peloton, Align & more October 21, 2020Check out the companies making headlines in after hours trading on Wednesday.
- JPMorgan Chase takes on Square and PayPal with smartphone card reader, faster deposits for merchants October 21, 2020JPMorgan Chase is making a play to sell more services to millions of American small business owners, CNBC has learned.
- Stocks close slightly lower as coronavirus stimulus talks continue October 21, 2020Stocks fell as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin continued negotiations on a new fiscal stimulus package.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Netflix, Snap, Pinterest, Slack, PayPal & more October 21, 2020Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading.
- Two months later, some states still haven’t paid $300 unemployment boost October 21, 2020Alaska and New Jersey plan to begin disbursing funding through the Lost Wages Assistance program this week, more than two months after the federal aid program for unemployed workers was created.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Verizon, Snap, AutoNation, Netflix & more October 21, 2020The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Verizon, Snap, AutoNation, Netflix, and more.
- Ant Group gets Hong Kong stock exchange approval, clearing last major hurdle for its massive IPO October 21, 2020Ant Group has received approval from the Hong Kong stock exchange for its highly-anticipated initial public offering (IPO), CNBC has confirmed.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Netflix, Snap, Texas Instruments & more October 20, 2020Check out the companies making headlines in after hours trading on Tuesday.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: IBM, AMC Entertainment, Logitech, Travelers and more October 20, 2020These are the stocks posting the largest moves in midday trading.
- Corporate execs are talking differently on earnings calls to please the machines October 20, 2020A recent study found that executives on earnings calls are increasingly avoiding using negative words and trying to sound more upbeat.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Procter & Gamble, Travelers, Logitech & more October 20, 2020The stocks making the biggest moves in premarket trading include Procter & Gamble, Travelers, Logitech, and more.
- This comic was $2 short of getting Trump's $300 weekly unemployment benefit. Now, he’s on the edge of financial ruin October 20, 2020Roughly 6% of workers collecting unemployment insurance from their state didn't get the $300 weekly aid because they fell below the $100-a-week threshold, according to an initial estimate from Eliza Forsythe, a labor economist and assistant professor at the University of Illinois.
- UBS reports its best third quarter for a decade, with a 99% hike in net profit October 20, 2020The world's largest wealth manager, UBS, reported a jump in net income to $2.1 billion for the third quarter, beating analyst expectations.
ReutersUnable to display feed at this time.
- Sorry, but you need to upgrade your phone every year now October 24, 2020The trade-in deals and buyback offers are just too good for the recent ones, which gives you about half-off new price. $500 or so for a year's use?
- The 5 best Amazon deals you can get this weekend October 24, 2020Amazon has slashed prices this weekend on the Apple Watch Series 6, a ton of Le Creuset cookware and so much more—shop the best deals.
- Banks look to new accounts to attract the unbanked as COVID-19 takes a toll October 24, 2020Roughly 7.1 million homes — or 5.4% of U.S. households — do not have checking or savings accounts, says a survey released Monday by bank regulators.
- Under Donald Trump, Black Americans continue to trail whites in employment, home ownership October 24, 2020Donald Trump boasts he's the best president for Black Americans since Abe Lincoln. But are Black lives really better under his administration?
- Investing advice October 23, 20204 moves before 🗳️