Associated Press BusinessUnable to display feed at this time.
- Here’s how worried you should be about your stake in Alibaba, now that the U.S. is going after Chinese stocks December 4, 2020A bill targeting Chinese companies listed on U.S. exchanges could backfire on American investors.
- Dow jumps 200 points to a fresh record high despite disappointing U.S. jobs report December 4, 2020Stocks rose to record levels on Friday, on pace for another weekly advance, as traders shook off a disappointing U.S. jobs report.
- 4 warning signs in the November jobs report: ‘This feels like the calm before the storm’ December 4, 2020The U.S. economy added jobs in November and the unemployment rate fell. But trouble is brewing under the surface, according to economists.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Big Lots, Carvana, Cloudera, DocuSign & more December 4, 2020Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading.
- Fintech firm Revolut takes aim at Stripe with payment software for businesses December 4, 2020A move into payment processing software would put Revolut up against U.S. firm Stripe, Dutch competitor Adyen and British peer Checkout.com.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in premarket: Ulta, Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Marvell & more December 4, 2020These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell Friday, Dec. 4.
- Pandemic-induced options trading craze shows no signs of slowing down December 4, 2020Trading in equity options hit new highs in November, continuing a trend that began earlier in the year.
- This under-the-radar policy risk could set off a tantrum in rates at the next Fed meeting December 4, 2020Richard Bernstein Advisors' Michael Contopoulos believes there's a chance the Federal Reserve may sound less dovish at the next meeting.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Ulta Beauty, DocuSign, Cloudera & more December 3, 2020See which stocks are posting big moves after the bell.
- Since Congress can’t agree on a stimulus bill, states and cities are providing relief December 3, 2020Some state and city officials are offering extra financial assistance to their residents as action on Capitol Hill remains elusive.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in premarket: Express, Tesla, Snowflake, CrowdStrike & more December 3, 2020These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell Thursday, Dec. 3.
- It will be a good end to 2020, Ally Invest's top investment strategist says December 3, 2020Ally Invest’s Lindsey Bell sees a traditional year-end rally unfolding despite rising coronavirus cases and stimulus uncertainty.
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway will hold its May annual meeting virtually again December 3, 2020Berkshire's annual meeting typically sees tens of thousands of people descend on Omaha.
- JPMorgan is buying fintech start-up 55ip to help financial advisors offer tax-efficient portfolios December 2, 2020JPMorgan said that its asset management division has agreed to buy a fintech start-up that helps financial advisors automate tax-efficient portfolios.
- Kaplan says he's not in favor of Fed increasing bond purchases December 2, 2020Kaplan said he wouldn't be in favor of changing the bond-purchasing program even though he sees rocky times ahead for the economy.
- McConnell, Schumer seem far apart on unemployment benefits, stimulus proposals December 2, 2020Democratic and Republican leaders in the Senate are at odds over the generosity of unemployment benefits, according to their recent stimulus proposals.
- S&P 500 ekes out record close as Wall Street weighs new round of stimulus talks December 2, 2020The S&P 500 rose slightly on Wednesday, eking out another record closing high.
- 'This time is different' — Mellody Hobson says companies are making real changes on diversity December 2, 2020Ariel Investments' co-CEO Mellody Hobson believes that corporate America, held accountable by the public, is on a path to becoming more diverse.
- Nasdaq proposal would require greater diversity on company boards December 2, 2020Nasdaq submitted a proposal with the Securities and Exchange Commission that would provide greater diversity and transparency across boards of directors.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Salesforce, Palantir, Zoom, Tesla & more December 2, 2020Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading.
- Fintech firm Revolut names former Citigroup executive Rebecca Macieira-Kaufmann to its US board December 2, 2020Revolut has hired former Citigroup executive Rebecca Macieira-Kaufmann to its U.S. board as it seeks to expand in the world's biggest economy.
- S&P 500 rises 1% to a record closing high to kick off December, building on historic rally December 2, 2020U.S. stocks jumped on Tuesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average kicking off December by adding to its historic rally from November.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Pfizer, Salesforce, Palantir, Verizon & more December 2, 2020These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell Wednesday, Dec. 2.
- Thinking of putting new cash to work? Credit Suisse's Jonathan Golub suggests waiting until after December December 2, 2020Credit Suisse’s Jonathan Golub sees significant market gains following near-term softness.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Salesforce, Slack, Box and more December 1, 2020See which stocks are posting big moves after the bell on Tuesday, December 1.
- Op-ed: How pro investors are adapting to the influx of quick-triggered, app-using market players December 1, 2020The uptick in retail trading this year has made it harder for professional investors to navigate the moves in certain stocks, such as Novavax.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Zoom Video, Nikola, Tesla and more December 1, 2020These are the stocks posting the largest moves in midday trading.
- The world’s second-biggest cryptocurrency is getting a major upgrade — here’s what you need to know December 1, 2020Ether, the world's second-largest virtual currency by market value, is up about 350% since the start of the year.
- Nine months after the health and economic crisis began, unemployment claims near record high December 1, 2020Workers are receiving unemployment benefits in a volume that rivals records set pre-pandemic.
- S&P's decision to add Tesla in one shot demonstrates the power of passive investing December 1, 2020Adding Tesla to the S&P 500 on a day of quadruple witching will create a lot of trading volume and pressure on different stocks.
ReutersUnable to display feed at this time.
- Bath & Body Works' annual Candle Day sale sold out online but $9.95 candles available in stores through Sunday December 4, 2020Bath & Body Works' Candle Day sale with $9.95 three-wick candles is back with some changes amid the coronavirus pandemic. The sale sold out online.
- These Chaco boots are game-changing for the winter December 4, 2020I tested Chaco's Chelsea boots. Here's what I thought of Chacos and their winter-ready boots, from the traction to the design.
- 10 family pajama sets that are perfect for Christmas and Hanukkah December 4, 2020Matching family pajamas for the holidays from Burt's Bees, Hanna Andersson, Maisonette, Carter's, Target, and more.
- 33 amazing gifts runners actually want December 4, 2020For the 5K enthusiast to the marathon runner, there's a perfect gift for every runner out there. These are the 33 best, according to our editors.
- As COVID-19 persists, more Americans are unemployed beyond 6 months. Does that carry a stigma even in a pandemic? December 4, 2020Is long-term unemployment of more than six months a stigma even in a pandemic that destroyed tens of millions of jobs?