- Cathie Wood loves the setup for her stocks after sell-off, expects big returns from her strategies May 7, 2021"I love this setup," she said Friday on CNBC's "Closing Bell."
- Dow jumps more than 200 points to another record as investors look past big jobs miss May 7, 2021Nonfarm payrolls increased by just 266,000 in April, far less than the 1 million total economists were expecting, according to Dow Jones.
- Green Dot joins corporate exodus from California as fintech firm moves to Austin May 7, 2021The move follows the departures announced last year of technology giants including Oracle, Palantir and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- At least 7 million people are likely to get unemployment tax refunds May 7, 2021About 7.3 million tax returns processed by early March appear to qualify for a new unemployment tax break, according to a report.
- Goldman Sachs internal memo unveils new cryptocurrency trading team May 7, 2021Goldman Sachs formally kicked off the cryptocurrency trading era on Wall Street.
- Major business group calls for ending $300 federal bonus in unemployment checks. blaming it for weak April job gains May 7, 2021The Chamber of Commerce called on Congress to end the $300 federal bonus to unemployment checks, saying it discourages workers from taking jobs
- When will child tax credit payments start? May 7, 2021American families are set to receive a more generous child tax credit for 2021.
- Trader Joe's drops senior hours at many stores. Does your location still offer COVID hours? May 7, 2021Does Trader Joe's offer senior hours? The retailer has cut the COVID hours at many stores. Costco, Walmart and Target continue to have senior hours.
- The economy added just 266,000 jobs in April even as states eased COVID restrictions and vaccinations rose May 7, 2021The economy added just 266,000 jobs last month even as states relaxed business restrictions and vaccinations rose. Unemployment edged up to 6.1%.
- After a stock transfer from Bill Gates, Melinda Gates is a billionaire May 7, 2021On the same day Bill and Melinda Gates announced their divorce, the fourth richest person in the world transferred $2.4 billion to his estranged wife.