Associated Press Business
- Microsoft fights US in high court to protect global business February 25, 2018WASHINGTON (AP) — Microsoft has an eye on its international customers as it confronts the Trump administration in a Supreme Court fight about turning over emails to investigators.The Associated Press
- UK Labour Party pressures its leader to change Brexit stance February 25, 2018LONDON (AP) — British Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn is facing increasing pressure to change the party's Brexit stance ahead of a key speech on Britain's plan to leave the European Union.The Associated Press
- Investor Warren Buffett says good deals tough to find February 24, 2018OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Investor Warren Buffett says Wall Street's lust for deals has prompted CEOs to act like oversexed teenagers and overpay for acquisitions, so it has been hard to find deals for Berkshire Hathaway.The Associated Press
- Berkshire Hathaway says tax law gives it $29B boost in 4Q February 24, 2018OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Berkshire Hathaway's fourth-quarter profit more than quadrupled as it received a $29 billion boost from the new tax law that easily offset any weakness in the company's businesses.The Associated Press
- Trump officials fight eviction from Panama hotel they manage February 24, 2018PANAMA CITY (AP) — One of President Donald Trump's family businesses is battling an effort to physically evict its team of executives from a luxury hotel in Panama where they manage operations, and police have been called to keep the peace, The Associated Press has learned. Witnesses told the AP they saw Trump's executives carrying files to a room […]The Associated Press
- Warren Buffett on how he turned a $300,000 bet into $2 million for charity in 10 years February 24, 2018Buffett explains in his 2017 annual letter how he turned his $318,250 bet into $2.2 million for charity.
- Buffett has one big investing lesson in this year's annual letter: Never borrow money to buy stocks February 24, 2018Warren Buffett explains the perils of using debt and leverage in his 2017 annual letter.
- Lower tax rate fuels record profit for Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway February 24, 2018Fourth-quarter net income increased roughly fivefold for Berkshire Hathaway, in part because of the Trump tax cut.
- Buffett's Berkshire has $116 billion to spend on a deal, but the investor can't find anything cheap enough February 24, 2018Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway released its 2017 annual letter to shareholders Saturday.
- Warren Buffett will retire from board of Kraft Heinz February 23, 2018Buffett stepped down from his role as the legendary investor looks to reduce his travel commitments.
- With $116 billion cash, Buffett says Berkshire needs 'huge' deals February 25, 2018NEW YORK (Reuters) - Warren Buffett on Saturday lamented his inability to find big companies to buy and said his goal is to make "one or more huge acquisitions" of non-insurance businesses to bolster results at his conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Daimler in $2 billion China investment with BAIC as Geely swoops February 25, 2018BERLIN (Reuters) - Daimler and its Chinese partner BAIC plan to invest almost $2 billion in a state-of-the-art factory in China, underlining their relationship as rival Geely makes a surprise swoop on the German carmaker.
- U.S. Supreme Court weighs Microsoft overseas data fight February 25, 2018WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A major privacy rights fight between Microsoft Corp and the Justice Department reaches the Supreme Court this week, with the justices considering whether U.S. law allows prosecutors to compel technology companies to hand over data stored overseas.
- South African regulator probing Steinhoff auditors to continue investigation February 25, 2018JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA) said on Sunday that following its initial review of Steinhoff's auditors Deloitte South Africa it would pursue further lines of investigation.
- Cisco says most network gear needed for 5G is ready now and can cut costs February 25, 2018BARCELONA (Reuters) - Cisco Systems said on Sunday it aims to disrupt the wireless radio access market led by Huawei , Ericsson and Nokia by backing challengers who make more flexible software versions of traditional mobile gear.
- Don't ignore this gap when signing up for Medicare February 25, 2018After the initial six-month period when you are guaranteed coverage by a Medigap policy, you generally will need to go through medical underwriting, which could result in paying more for a policy or being denied coverage.
- Want to work in HR? How to write a generalist resume February 25, 2018How do you get hired in HR? Some tips if you are interested in becoming a human resources professional.
- Doing your own taxes? Pros say avoid these 4 blunders February 25, 2018It’s easy to make mistakes when doing your taxes, but some seem to happen way too often.
- Left your 401(k) at an old job? Here's how to find it. February 25, 2018If you changed jobs in the last decade, you may be among the millions who accidentally abandoned a 401(k).
- Is there an Instant Pot recall? Company says some products are melting February 25, 2018To know if yours is affected, check the batchcode.